Thursday, December 16, 2004

Message in a bottle?

Is blogging like putting a message in a bottle and sending it out into the vast ocean? (I don't know whether this is an original thought or whether I read it somewhere. If I did read it somewhere, apologies to the original writer. Then again, I wonder if anything that's written is truly original.)

But, getting back to the message in a bottle. Blogging does seem that way to me--you write your private thoughts, and then you put it up on a website somewhere. Somebody might read it; nobody might read it. Sometimes you secretly hope that someone will read it, other times you don't care. You just keep blogging.

Maybe that's why blogs get read: people like finding bottles with messages in them. And then they want more.

Lots of bottles out there fighting for attention. Some might never be found.

1 Comments:

At 10:36 am, Blogger Percy said...

Thanks, I enjoyed the analogy myself. ;-) Thought I was the only one in the universe, but I'm glad to one other person who feels the same way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home