Thursday, December 16, 2004

Message in a bottle?

Is blogging like putting a message in a bottle and sending it out into the vast ocean? (I don't know whether this is an original thought or whether I read it somewhere. If I did read it somewhere, apologies to the original writer. Then again, I wonder if anything that's written is truly original.)

But, getting back to the message in a bottle. Blogging does seem that way to me--you write your private thoughts, and then you put it up on a website somewhere. Somebody might read it; nobody might read it. Sometimes you secretly hope that someone will read it, other times you don't care. You just keep blogging.

Maybe that's why blogs get read: people like finding bottles with messages in them. And then they want more.

Lots of bottles out there fighting for attention. Some might never be found.

4 Comments:

At 11:05 pm, Blogger simran said...

Love the analogy of blogging to messages in a bottle sent out into the vast ocean.

And is anything written truly original anymore? - probably not much of anything if there is, as it seems that so much has been said before.

Anyway, keep thinking outside of or without a box, since even to think without a box, you need a box. Didn't I read that somewhere before? lol

 
At 10:36 am, Blogger Percy said...

Thanks, I enjoyed the analogy myself. ;-) Thought I was the only one in the universe, but I'm glad to one other person who feels the same way.

 
At 2:06 am, Blogger simran said...

Great minds think alike, I always say. :-)

 
At 2:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One good resource for time clock software and many more free software alternatives is Software4YourSuccess.com
Yes it is my site and I would love for you to drop by for a second. From there you will have free access to several of my products such as The Marketing Toolbar (which is goldmine of information on how to do things quickly and on the cheap, thus saving you time and money).
Also for webmasters I have created Webmaster Wizards, which will help you with almost every aspect of putting code on your site from things such as legal and privacy disclaimers to popunders. I have so much content and free software there I could fill up this whole blog, so check it out Thanks, Sincerely Rob Rudd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home