Monday, February 21, 2005

Foxx or Di Caprio?

I saw Ray on Friday and The Aviator on Saturday. I liked both the movies. Jamie Foxx (as Ray Charles) was outstanding in Ray and Leonardo Di Caprio (as Howard Hughes) was superb in The Aviator.

I've not seen any of the other nominated actors but from all the press and the hype, you've got to believe that it comes down to these two. If I had to pick (and I'd have a hard time picking) I'd pick Foxx, just because he sometimes made me forget that I was watching Foxx and not Ray Charles. But Di Caprio was phenomenal as well. It's a tough one to call.

PS: Is there a more uncomfortable theatre in Bangalore than Plaza? The seats are just terrible and the place looks even worse. But, they do play some good Hollywood movies. Still, get a makeover or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home