Sunday, June 26, 2005

Postcards with a secret

People post their secrets, written on a postcard, to this person (Frank, I think), who scans them in and posts them on his blog. Innocuous sounding right? Not. PostSecret is one of the most intriguing and interesting sites that I've come across recently. (I can't for the life of me remember how I came across the site though.)

Some postcards are amusing, some are tragic, but mostly they're all compelling. Just a warning that some of the postcards talk about serious issues (e.g. abuse) that some people might find hard to stomach or just not want to read.

Here's what the blog has to say about itself:
PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail-in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard.

5 Comments:

At 4:11 pm, Blogger Anita said...

Seriously, Where do you find there websites? I know there is something you are not telling. And this is interesting! Sad, Funny and Creepy.

 
At 2:37 pm, Blogger kozz said...

A rather bizarre form of catharsis. But rather than allowing your guilt-inspiring thoughts fester in your mind( leading to Hannibal Lecter clones), this page gives people the anonymity to bare their deepest darkest secrets in public where no one can't judge you for what you thought or did ( not to your face atleast)

 
At 2:46 pm, Blogger Percy said...

I don't remember where I found this website. I wish I did. I like to give attribution. :(

And, there must be some form of catharsis taking place for the people who send these postcards.

 
At 3:05 pm, Blogger kozz said...

Suddenly remembered where I had seen it before.
Found on Blogs of Note on http://www.blogger.com/home.

 
At 3:23 pm, Blogger Percy said...

It is there on Blogs of Note, but that's not where I saw it. I thought I'd seen it on Blogger Buzz but they've not mentioned it. I give up! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home