Tuesday, July 05, 2005

On postpartum depression

Whatever Tom Cruise says about post-partum depression, he's never given birth (duh!) nor has he experienced post-partum depression. Laurie Fox, a Dallas Morning News writer, has and she wrote it here.
This is a painful discussion. Many women may never experience postpartum depression at all. Some have more moderate or even severe problems and may choose to take drugs until they even out emotionally. ...

As far as the media debate, I find myself regarding Ms. Shields as a kindred spirit and tuning out Mr. Cruise.

And I hope other new mothers do the same.
Amen to that.

Brooke Shields too responded to Tom Cruise's rant.

PS: You may need BugMeNot.com to read the articles. I say may because sometimes I can access the articles without registration, other times I can't. Go figure.

2 Comments:

At 7:30 pm, Blogger kozz said...

Tom Cruise seems to be going through some mid life crisis of sorts.Caught him on the Oprah show last week, and he was downright annoying and appeared phony. Perhaps seeing him and Katie Holmes making headlines everyday is enough to make anyone gag.

 
At 2:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's apparently the reaction that almost everyone in the media in the US was having. I missed the interview, so maybe I was lucky?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home