Sunday, July 03, 2005

Live 8! Where were you?

I don't know if you were part of the three billion or so (that's what was announced on TV while I was watching) people who tuned into Live 8 at some point yesterday.

I would've checked out the whole show except that I way too tired after a presentation yesterday. I did get see U2, Coldplay, Dido, and a few other bands.

The one that I absolutely loved was Green Day. They played in Berlin and rocked Deutschland. I'm not a Green Day fan but the energy that they generated, I could feel it watching on TV. Live, they must have been amazing. They played their own stuff and also played Queen's We Are The Champions. I can't think of many bands that use the Green Day combination of high speed rhythms and stops (breaks) within songs. It's uniquely Green Day and yesterday, it rocked.

And, here's what Live 8 is about.

Every single day, 30,000 children die, needlessly, of extreme poverty.

On July 6th, we finally have the opportunity to stop that shameful statistic.

8 world leaders, gathered in Scotland for the G8 summit, will be presented with a workable plan to double aid, drop the debt and make the trade laws fair. If these 8 men agree, then we will become the generation that made poverty history.

But they'll only do it if enough people tell them to.

That's why we're staging LIVE 8. 10 concerts, 100 artists, a million spectators, 2 billion viewers, and 1 message... To get those 8 men, in that 1 room, to stop 30,000 children dying every single day of extreme poverty.

We don't want your money - we want you!
If that works for you, go add your name to the list. You can also check out the ONE Campaign, the campaign to make poverty history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home