Friday, July 30, 2004

Access without registration

If you're like me, you're pretty annoyed that almost every site asks you for a user name and password to read their articles. And the irritating part is that it's free. If it's free, why do you want information about me. I'm just a visitor and I'll read your articles and I'll go away. Why must we exchange phone numbers, addresses, names and why must you ask me to identify myself every time I come to your site? It's advertising I guess. Plus, there's no such thing as a free website now-a-days.

This article is addressed for people who don't want to register in sites but do want to access the content. It's sort of a semi-hack but what the hack (yeah, weak pun, I know). You can read the article and then check out BugMeNot.com (what a great name) to access your favourite site without registering. It'll generate a user name and password for you and you can login to the site. And you can get an IE and FireFox extension as well. I tried it and it works.

There are some other interesting ways to access sites without logging in in the article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home