Friday, March 18, 2005

All in the family

I seem to be hearing a lot of family-speak lately.
We're one big family.
We're part of a family.
And so on...
I'm okay with family-speak as long as it's really families that are talking about it. I'm hearing and reading a lot of this family-speak stuff in companies. People at work talking about their co-workers as family members, when they're not really related.

Plus, I'm fine with my family; I don't need any more family members. And, if people in companies are your family members, I feel like asking them questions like, "How are you related to me?", "Are you my third cousin?" And, it opens up this whole other thing if you're dating people at the office. Don't even want to go there.

So, please, stop the "we're all part of a family" stuff. Unless you're in a family-owned business of course.

1 Comments:

At 4:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, child,

This is your Mom writing. Thought I'd better tell you how I'm related in case you decide to rudely ask about my relationship.

This was an interesting post; had a good laugh!

#

 

Post a Comment

<< Home