Friday, September 09, 2005

The Interpreter

Okay, so I've been a little behind on the times. I saw The Interpreter a couple of weeks ago and I actually liked it. It was a tense, interesting kind of movie and I kinda got pulled into it. Nicole Kidman was pretty awesome as a tense, interpreter. (Yes, I know I used the word tense twice thrice in the last couple of sentences).

The story? Nicole Kidman's an interpreter at the UN and she overhears a conversation to assassinate the President of an African country (that she's originally from), who's scheduled to give a speech at the UN. Sean Penn is the Secret Service guy who's on foreign dignitary detail and gets the case. He's dealing with a loss, Nicole Kidman's character is dealing with her past, and you get drawn into the story.

I can't put my finger on why I liked the movie. I know I was a bit disturbed by it, because it made me think about violence and genocide in Africa, things we normally don't want to think about I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home