Friday, July 30, 2004

The Dilbert Future (Book Review)

Honest! I never knew that Scott Adams was so funny. In the Dilbert Future, he made me laugh out loud quite a few times and I started feeling that I was reading Dave Barry. He's somewhere in between Barry and Bryson (Bill, to those who know him) I would say. Adams is a genius. He's able to use self-deprecating humour, take what he knows about the workplace and the world and twist it to make you laugh.

It's so hard to write about nothing and yet just nail it. I felt entertained when I was reading the book, even though it was written quite a while back. The Dilbert cartoons are, as always, mostly superb.

The Dilbert Future is Scott Adams' take on the future of the technology, marketing, and work among other things. He makes a prediction every few pages, aided apparently by Dogbert in a Nostradamus-like avatar. One of the best "arguments" of the book is how he "proves" that the Swiss are actually aliens.

It's worth a read if you like to laugh. Hey, he'll even use the ridiculous to make you think, but let's not go that deep. I loved the book and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading humour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home