Sunday, April 03, 2005

Million Dollar Baby

I went into the movie a bit apprehensive. Two of my friends (whose reactions to movies almost always match with mine) didn't give me good reviews about this movie. I wanted to see it anyway, because I love Morgan Freeman, and I was not going to miss a movie that just won the Oscar for the best picture.

I loved it. Freeman, Clint Eastwood, and Hillary Swank were all amazing; the script was taut and the movie had it all--drama, humour, tragedy, and some controversy. I am still not sure if the ending was the best way to end the movie or why the movie had to tackle a really sticky topic. I won't give the ending away, so go watch it for yourself.

Having seen three of the Best Picture contenders, I'm inclined to agree with the Academy; Million Dollar Baby clearly deserved the Oscar.

I also realised that I love boxing movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home