Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Iqbal

Honestly, I don't know how to rate this movie. I liked parts of it, parts of it I thought were cliched. I was extremely disappointed with the last Nagesh Kukunoor movie (of Hyderabad Blues fame) that I saw and I've not been too pleased with his last few movies. In fact I had decided not to see a Kukunoor movie again but I decided to check this one out. Okay, so

In case you were in a cave somewhere or don't read movie reviews, Iqbal is about a young man who cannot hear or speak and whose dream is to play for the Indian cricket team. He's from a village, he's had no coaching but he's passionate and the movie is about his quest to fulfill his dream.

It's a good effort but for me it just didn't happen. The story for me had a couple of places where it was a bit difficult to believe. It's not a bad movie but it's not a great one either. Okay, maybe.

PS: I thought the girl who plays Iqbal's sister acted really well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home